Jefferson Branch

Jefferson Events

There are no upcoming events listed at this time for list location.
See our calendar for events all all of our branches >
Syndicate content

About Branch

The Jefferson Branch of the Detroit Public Library opened in rented quarters on Warren Avenue, September 27, 1937, as the East Warren branch. The library moved to its present location on East Outer Drive on October 4, 1951, the first National Library Day. It is named for the author of the Declaration of Independence and the third President of the United States, Thomas Jefferson.

Book Drop-off

Two book drops are available 24 hours a day in front of building.

Parking

Parking is available in back of library and on East Outer Drive.

Meeting Rooms/Space Rentals

A meeting room is available for community groups and non-profit organizations free of charge.